Monday, January 31, 2011

Hello, old friend!


I was thrilled to see that Frito Lay has brought back their "TACO FLAVOR" Doritos!  Could these be my favorite junk food, like, ever?  They even have the old "retro" packaging.  I tip my sombrero to them.  They're labeled as "Limited Edition," whatever that means.  And they taste just as magnificently junky as I remember them.  Nothing nostalgic about the price though...it seems Frito Lay has upped the price of ALL of their products to $3.99.  And the bag keeps getting smaller and smaller.

On the other hand....I tried their newest "Late Night" flavor Doritos recently.  They're called "Late Night All-Nighter Cheeseburger". 

There's something profoundly scary about them.  They really do taste like cheeseburgers, with pickles and mustard and more than a hint of char-broiled beef.  I think they must have test-marketed these with a room full of pot smokers on a 3-day bender. I can't recall ever consuming something that made me consider so deeply exactly what chemicals were used to achieve such a flavor.  They just ain't right.....

1 comment: