Sunday, January 30, 2011

Ubiquitous phrases that need to be abolished...


"Man up"
"24/7"
"I get it"
"That's so random!"
"How's that workin' for ya?" (especially when uttered by Sarah Palin)
"God only gives you as much as you can handle".  Okay..discuss.  I find it hard to believe that any merciful God would be up in his kingdom or wherever, going, "Hmmm....let's torture this one just a leetle bit more and see if he can TAKE IT!" Is this phrase supposed to be somehow "comforting"?
"My bad" (yes, unfortunately, this ridiculous expression is still used....makes my flesh crawl).

2 comments:

  1. Thank you....and please expand on this one.
    I abhor "my bad"...stooooopid.
    How about the tabloid headlines that have become part of our vernacular?
    Baby Bump (where DID that come from)
    Sad Last Days...etc
    Am totally enjoying your blog!

    ReplyDelete