Tuesday, February 1, 2011

"Classics" that are lost on me....

Well, it happened again:  TCM showed Citizen Kane and I sat down, determined to watch it through to the end to try to figure out what it is that I've been missing.  You see, I've viewed it several times, including in college, as well as in a movie palace setting (rebuking assertions that one has to see it in a theatre to appreciate it).  I feel that I should somehow apologize for my boorishness; my utter lack of civility, when I state that I just don't get it!  I mean, I follow the plot and all, and do appreciate the muliple role hat-trick performed by Orson Welles, but for some reason, the whole film is strangely inaccessable and uninvolving to me.  I really hoped today would be the day that I saw the light, but after about an hour, I started thinking of other things I'd rather be doing.  Just because they're "classics," are we required to agree that they're  "fascinating"?  Guess I'll just wait to see what TCM has on after this...let's see...oh, great...a series of Shakespeare films.  I hate all Shakespeare films, too....

No comments:

Post a Comment